A dental implant can get you new teeth at any age
Dental implants are a type of treatment performed to replace broken teeth. The root and crown are removed during the tooth extraction process. Therefore dental implants involve a tooth inserting precise titanium that is surgically placed on the jawbone. These accessory inserts are placed in the jawbone as they fuse with the jawbone and thus provide a strong foundation for replacement teeth.
Why does tooth loss matter?
Breaking or rotting of teeth not only become a hurdle for the beauty of your smile but tooth loss can also have many negative effects on your oral health, including:
- Bone loss
- Difficulty in chewing
- The remaining teeth have more pressure
- Jaw joint changes
When is dental implant surgery needed?
You need to know about your teeth before knowing why and when a dental implant is needed. Over time our teeth weaken or become damaged for some reason. Due to which the roots of teeth are broken and teeth are removed. In this case, performing dental implant surgery comes as an option. By surgery, artificial teeth are applied to your gums by applying titanium screws. Apart from this, doctors also apply complete dentures.
Under these circumstances, it may be right for you to have dental implant surgery:
- Absence of one or more teeth
- For the right development of jaw bones
- Having trouble applying artificial teeth
- To improve your way of speaking
- Mouth tissue to be corrected or healthy
Ways to place dental implants:
- Performing dental implants immediately after tooth extraction.
- Performing a dental implant shortly after tooth extraction – 2 weeks to 3 months after tooth extraction.
- Performing a dental implant 3 months or so after tooth extraction.
According to the timeframe for setting up dental implants, the loading procedure can be classified into the following forms –
- Instant loading process
- Initial loading process (1 week to 12 weeks)
- Delayed loading process (more than 3 months)
What should I know before getting Dental Implant Surgery?
The success of dental implant surgery depends on the condition of the jaws. Usually, 95% to 98% of dental implant surgeries are successful and last a lifetime. Proper care of teeth after surgery will not cause any problem later on. Apart from this, a person must have a healthy jaw for a dental implant. Also, sufficient bone is needed to handle the teeth. People who smoke excess have an uncontrolled chronic disorder, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Apart from this, if you are taking some kind of radiation therapy, then you should talk to your dentist before getting a dental implant.
How should I take care of myself after a dental implant?
- Take special care of mouth cleaning. Clean the gums and artificial teeth as you clean your natural teeth.
- Visit your dentist regularly. This will help you in knowing any problem after implantation.
- Do not chew some hard things with implanted teeth after surgery.
- Avoid the consumption of tobacco and caffeine after a dental implant.
Take care to strengthen your teeth: If you want to keep your teeth healthy, then you should avoid eating betel leaf, tobacco, betel nut and other spices. If the teeth are shaking or the gums are bleeding, consult a dentist. Brush before going to bed at night as the risk of tooth decay or worms will be reduced by 80 per cent.