CoronaVirus Effect: patients are afraid of going to the dentist, IDA has issued these guidelines
Lockdown and Coronavirus have not only affected the routine life, but people are afraid to go to the hospital despite any other problems. This is especially applicable to those patients who have to be treated by a dentist. Patients are more afraid to go to the dentist because the highest risk of infection is in this department of the medical field.
In such a situation, guidelines have been issued by the Indian Dental Association keeping in mind the safety of patients and doctors. If treatment is taken and given by following these guidelines, there is no risk of spreading of CoronaVirus.
Some of these things have to be kept in mind by the patients as well:
How to maintain oral hygiene in Coronavirus: Before going to your doctor, it is better to talk to them on the phone, explain your problem and follow whatever suggestion they give to you. If this is not possible, see a doctor nearby and avoid going to the hospital for as long as possible.
Visit the clinic if there is no relief: If you are not getting relief by taking care of oral hygiene and taking medicines taken in consultation with a doctor. Then go to the hospital. In this situation, before going to the hospital, make a phone call and make an appointment. So that unnecessary congestion in the hospital can be avoided as well as you are not inconvenienced. Keep in mind that after giving APG and non-APG treatment in the clinic, the clinic is being completely sanitized.
At the same time, a gap of at least 1 hour is being given between two patients. For this reason, dentists are seeing only a limited number of patients a day. So that both the patient and the doctor are protected from the coronavirus. So it is better that you take an appointment first and then go.
There have been changes in the methods of treatment
Keeping in mind the Covid-19 by the Indian Dental Association, some new rules have been added for the safety of the patient and the doctor, due to which there is a slight change in the way of treatment. They are:
- Thermal screening of the patient is being done prior to entry into the clinic.
- Mouth wash and mouth cleanser are being used to reduce the risk of germs before laying on the chair for a checkup.
- The face is being wiped before the sanitizer or any other medicated joint.
- After lying on the chair, the patient will be draped so that there is no touch of the patient and the doctor.
- After this, the doctor checks the patient by wearing PPE kit, surgical gloves and mask as well as the patient.
- After a patient checkup, the entire room and everything kept there is sanitized with a solution of sodium hypo chloride.
- A gap of 1 hour is kept between two patients.
Only they need more caution-
Everyone has to take full care of Hygiene to avoid Corona. This also applies to patients undergoing dental treatment. But here you should know that people who have to undergo RCT or have any surgical related issue, then you should avoid doing it as much as possible.
Follow these tips at home to maintain oral hygiene during this Lockdown:
To maintain oral hygiene and to avoid any dental problem in future, you should take care of oral hygiene at home. You can adopt these methods for this
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- If there is any problem, take the medicine given by the doctor.
- Medicaid cream or ointments should be given by your doctor.
- Brush before bedtime in the morning and at night.
- Those who already have cavity problems or have sensation problems in teeth, clean teeth immediately after eating anything sweet.
- Do not use very hot and very cold things in the condition of teeth tingling or sensitivity. Do not drink ice cream, chilled water and cold drinks etc. Also do not drink tea or milk too hot.