Discard the needles: Wisdom tooth extraction
The last tooth that erupts in the mouth is the wisdom tooth. There may not be any need to remove it if it aligns itself properly within the mouth and keep the gum tissue healthy. But this is generally not the case. It becomes necessary to remove the wisdom tooth, as they do not fit in the mouth properly. There might be a case that they may grow sideways or emerge from the gums partially. In some cases, the wisdom tooth remains trapped beneath the gums and bone. They find their way to erupt in whatever place they get. This makes the eruption of wisdom tooth very painful and uncomforting. When this wisdom tooth erupts partially then the opening that is around the teeth allows bacteria to grow and cause infection in the teeth that further results in swelling, pain and stiffness in the mouth. Impacted tooth can also reverse the effects of braces, dentures, crowns, bridges or any other dental treatment. All this also disrupts the natural alignment of the teeth. It is advisable to remove the impacted tooth or teeth so that all these problems are resolved and also reduce the risk of surgery.
Benefits of wisdom tooth extraction
- It helps in preventing crowding of teeth.
- There is no flap of the skin around the wisdom tooth that is grown partially and hencethere is no red or swollen skin and no painful gums.
- It can also prevent you from getting severe gum disease and tooth decays.
Tips to follow after wisdom tooth extraction
Dr. Gunita Singh advice few tips as mentioned below that you can follow post wisdom tooth extraction.
- Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure. Extra care should be taken to avoid complications.
- Healing of surgical sites may vary from person to person.
- The postoperative pain also depends upon the severity of the procedure and your physical condition.
- It is necessary to take medication as prescribed by your dentist.
- If swelling occurs then you can use an ice bag.
- You might experience some numbness in your tongue and lips for some time after the extraction.
- There might be some problem in opening of mouth and swallowing.
The Dentem Center has a team of highly qualified and experienced dentists in Gurgaon. They offer the most painless and comfortable way of wisdom tooth extraction in Gurgaon. If you have any problems like excessive bleeding, pain or problem with opening mouth then you can call up at our office immediately for further instructions.