Try these home remedies to relieve tooth pain during the lockdown
Oral problems can be quite challenging and annoying especially during the lockdown as these days as we can’t visit our doctor when in severe pain.
Maintaining good oral health should be on priority as it affects our physical as well as mental health. Oral problems can be quite challenging and annoying especially during the lockdown as these days as we can’t visit our doctor when in severe pain.
Dr. Gunita Singh, Director, Dentem, The Dental and Orthodontic Clinic suggests some natural home remedies get rid of the tooth pain.
1. Clove: Clove has proven to be the most effective remedy due to its natural pain-relieving and antibacterial properties. It contains natural eugenol, which enables the numbing of nerves. For best results, it is always suggested to put 2 drops on a cotton wool ball and set it on the affected tooth.
2. Ice pack: A cooling effect has always been considered an effective way to ease dental pain. It is believed that rubbing some ice on the palms of your hand stops pain signals to your brain. Hence, it is advised to use this method to get rid of the dreadful toothache. Or one can also place some ice pack or ice wrapped in a cloth directly over an affected tooth.
3. Acupressure: Acupressure is the vital technology that has been in use from ancient times for almost all body related pains. With the help of your thumb, press the pressure point on the back of your other hand where the base of your thumb and your index finger meet. Try to apply pressure for about one minute, It helps release endorphins which are feel-good hormones and help in pain-relieving.
4. Tea: Peppermint tea can soothe toothache fast because of its good numbing effect. Also because of its minty flavor, it tastes good too. In addition to this, placing a slightly warm and wet tea bag on the affected area for a few minutes can do wonders.
5. Vanilla: Vanilla has proven to be the most useful hack to get rid of intolerable tooth pain because of its anti-oxidants properties. The only trick here is to apply some vanilla extract on the painful area and it will help in reducing pain as it contains alcohol.