What is the significance of a pediatric dentist?
Your dental health needs attention and care but every age group is different and needs to be treated differently. So, the pediatric dentist is known to dedicate their treatment to age group from infants to teenagers. They have the experience and proficiency to take care of a child’s teeth, gums, and mouth during the various stages of childhood. A child will start to have their first teeth by the time they are six months old and as they are six or seven years old they will start losing their first set of teeth which eventually are replaced by secondary, permanent teeth. Children can face a lifetime of complications, disease, pain, and problems if they are not provided with proper dental care. Early childhood dental caries, an infectious disease, is 5 times more common in children than asthma and 7 times more common than fever says a proficient periodontist in Vasant Vihar.
Pediatric dentists are medical professionals who can prevent your child from all this by guiding them through. They hold a certified degree which has trained them to treat and serve children. The following are the treatments that a pediatric dentist will provide in order to fix any problems that your child is suffering from –
- They conduct an exam assessment of the mother and child to detect if there are any cavity holes or not so that they can be treated accordingly.
- A complete nutritional diet recommendation, tests, preventative oral care, cleaning, and fluoride treatments are provided.
- Detailed anatomy of your child’s habit in order to eliminate any harmful practices like thumb sucking, sleeping while the mouth is open, pacifier use, etc.
- If there are any signs of misalignment then immediate measure is taken to evade it from happening (Orthodontist).
- Repair of the decayed tooth because of a cavity or any other gum disease like ulcers, short frenulum, mucoceles, or periodontal disease.
- They design a peculiar routine if there is any dental injury like a fracture, ulcers, or knocked-out teeth.
- Diagnosis of oral health if the parent has been suffering from diabetes, asthma, or congenital heart disease.
Conclusively, a pediatric dentist is trained to handle children that a normal dentist might fail to because kids are impulsive and hasty, and it is difficult to control them. Therefore, pediatrician dentistry is also set up in accordance with a child’s mind where all the equipment and machinery are installed accordingly. This is not available in a normal dentist clinic which is why a pediatric dentist is important for your child.